We are still operating within our usual hours of trading however we are doing so with reduced staff and access. As a result it is taking slightly longer than usual for us to reply to your enquiries but we will always aim to do so within three working days. We are a wholesale nursery but we can provide plants to retail customers as long as they are purchasing in the spirit of wholesale: we do not insist on a minimum spend but ask that orders are reasonably large and that they include at least three of each species of perennial. This is due to the extra time it takes for us to process and gather orders comprised of small numbers of many plants.
We are once again allowing horticultural trade customers (garden designers, gardeners and landscapers) to browse the nursery and collect their own plants.
If you are a retail customer who wishes to purchase from us but is unable to fit the above criteria, we will be holding one of our open days once we are in a position to do so and will post further details here on our website. At this point, we envisage that occurring in September and October.
Now that the busiest trade season has passed, we can allow a limited number of retail customers into the nursery by appointment. However, we are imposing a £200.00 ex VAT minimum spend when collecting plants, with at least 3 plants per variety. Groups should not include people from more than one household. Please call 01491 614558 in advance to book your slot and confirm availability.
Arriving and Moving around the Nursery
There is a reception point on the driveway with regularly updated Covid instructions, sanitising equipment and a bell. Please ring the bell, sanitise and read the instructions. A member of the team will be with you shortly.
Whilst browsing the stock, please minimize your handling of plants you are not buying and afterwards place your trolley in the used trolley area for sanitizing between customers.
Please note that all buildings are currently out of bounds for all customers and all transcations and discussions are completed on the driveway.
Temporary Procedures for Orders
We are committed to looking after the health and well being of our customers and colleagues. Having carefully considered the updated official advice we will be taking the following actions:
We will continue to gather your order for collection from our premises:
- E-mail your order to us.
- We will quote the order back as soon as we can (and within 3 business days).
- Once you have confirmed the order we will gather it.
- Once the order is gathered we will contact you with the details and request payment over the telephone or BACS.
- Once the order has been paid for you may come to the site to collect.
- When you are on site please let our member of staff know that you are here and they will direct you to your order. Please be sure to check your order is complete before leaving site.
- When you are on site please remain 2m from any other person, stay out of the buildings & give way to nursery staff moving around with orders and new plants.
Deliveries will continue as usual but:
- Our drivers will perform the offload to a suitable area on the drive or front garden.
- Please do not offer to help them and remain at least two metres away from them.
- They will leave the paperwork with it.
- They will not require a signature.
If there are any discrepancies please contact us and we will deal with them immediately.