We will deliver orders over £250.00 up to a distance of 100 miles using our own transport. We charge £80.00 per hour one-way to cover the costs of fuel and wages with a minimum charge of £30.00. For instance, a delivery to Oxford taking half an hour would be billed at £40.00. We also use pallet line and a delivery firm to take plants further outside our delivery area or to augment our own delivery service. Prices start from £70.00.
All costs above exclude VAT @ 20%.
Terms and Conditions
- Payment should be prior to delivery or on collection for new customers.
- We apologise that we cannot routinely offer credit or accounts.
- We accept payment by debit cards, credit cards and cash. BACS payments can be arranged for regular customers. We have stopped taking cheques.
- We may request a 25-50% deposit on orders of contract grown, reserved and bought in stock. This is non-refundable if orders are already assembled on site and stock is of an appropriate standard.
- In default of payment, interest will be added to the outstanding account calculated at a rate of 1% per month.
- Any complaint must be made as soon as possible. We will replace plants which are discovered to be the wrong variety or which also have underperformed at the nursery. We will not accept liability for any losses incurred as a result.
- This catalogue replaces all previous catalogue prices and terms and conditions. Prices change through the year if alternative stock has been sourced which will be updated regularly on our website. Sun
- Pot sizes change throughout the year with our propagation and potting regimes. Smaller pot sizes are often potted on for summer to create bigger more drought-resistant, hardier plants.
- All orders, including those gathered by customers, will be subject to a 50% surcharge for plants less than 3 per species. This excludes specimens and trees.
- All plants remain the property of Babylon plants until paid for in full.
- We only deliver to the kerbside/driveway and our drivers are unable to carry plants around a site to the planting location. It is your responsibility to ensure there is a safe location to unload which is directly accessible by our vehicles.
- Plants and prices are quoted subject to availability at the time of quotation. Prices and availability may change at the time of order.
- Orders must be confirmed in writing or by email. The placing of an order confirms acceptance of these Terms and Conditions in full.
- Changes made to an order once it has been confirmed in writing will incur an administration charge commensurate with the level of changes made.
- Orders cancelled after they have been gathered will face a 20% restocking charge.
- Where a pallet company is used for delivery Babylon Plants offers no guarantee on delivery date. With strains on the transport industry pallet companies are working on a ‘best effort’ attitude, next day deliveries currently take around 2-3 days, so we would strongly advise waiting for the plants to be on site before having planters on site. We ordinarily dispatch on a Tuesday, so the pallets should be there sometime between Wednesday and Friday,